Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Timeless Tuesday Time...hip hoorah!

Well today is Timeless Tuesday @ Flourishes and of course I want to play along. Darling Dee is asking us to do an "All about Me" card. Well my dears how can that possibly be I asked myself, there is too much to tell. But I thought a bit and because of my love for the garden and flowers I decided to do the cyclamen from the calendar set. This plant is like me ...bright, beautious, also calm and so soothing in character. OMGoodness enough of the phony bologna, but it is bright and the red is hot and spicy and I at least try on that one. This was a favorite for Valentine's Day and decked the tables in our after service breakfast tables . Beautiful! Well on to the card...just stamped and colored with my water colored pencils ( as usual, I know pretty boring) as I love them and think they do the color job I want. The sentiment is from Flourishes tag along set, which has every little thing you want to say..love it. Used my Nestie ovals for my matting on some embossed white paper. Added a bit of bling and I am done. Sorry for the crappy photo but it's a dreary day and it is getting dark out. Yeah, I wonder what I did all day too.

Woke up to a shoveling job of about 3 inches and it was clear all day but it's started up again. When in the blankety blank is this winter going to hurry up and get over? Happy week peeps.

16 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Pat, this is so gorgeous! Beautifully colored and the red and white is just simply elegant1 Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Carol L said...

Beautiful Pat! I love the rich red colors and pretty embossing in the background!
Take it easy shoveling that snow!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Just beautiful, Pat! Love the color combination and that beautiful image!!

Dee Jackson said...

Hi Miss Pat!! I love the rich red. Fab coloring:)This is really beautiful!
Hey we got 4" of snow here in GA I still can't believe it!
Thanks for playing in the FTTC54 this week :)

mudmaven said...

Fantastic card Pat! Love the red/white combo and your flower choice is perfect. ~chris

Joanne Blair said...

I am always amazed at your talent with colored pencils. You take "coloring" to a whole new level!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Hey mom... love the coloring! So... rich, especially on the leaves! Love the crisp white background too! Happy day!

Velta said...

Girl...this is stunning!!! You really have the gift when it comes to coloring...I too prefer my pencils...be careful when shoveling!!

Anonymous said...

Great card, and the hot and spicy is more like you.

Velta said...

LOL...Pat I just posted that same stamp on my blog...yours of course is much prettier with it's hotness, etc...you crazy girl you have me laughing every time I visit!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS!!! Oh I love how you captured yourself...LOL!!! Striking card my friend!!! Hugs ~S~

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful flowers and wonderful card, Pat.

So sorry your winter is seemingly endless. But really.. be careful out there shoveling all that white stuff!

Darlene said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Pat! LOVE how the flower just POPS off the page!! Be careful out there!!

Rose Ann said...

I love how you've colored your beautiful flowers, Pat! Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Wowza!! Pat, this is stunning!! I love the red and white...such a gorgeous combo!

WhimsicalThoughts said...

So pretty