Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Challenge ...Purple and Green



Well today's challenge on notimetostamp is to use purple and green. I have to tell you I thought this color combo would make me want to regurgitate( fancy way of saying puke) but as it turned out I just got a bit green around the gills trying to figure it all out. Guess it's not too.....bad. I found this awesome paper at Mike's place before I even knew what the challenge was and bought the DP, ( Recollections purple damask with matching cardstock)the cardstock, ribbon, and the blingers. Instead of having the blues, I have the purples. That's when you're just a bit unsure if you feel bad or good. Not to worry as I feel ,Ok at least. This card is stamped with the pansy part of the new calendar set from Flourishes. I think I really love this set and hopefully will get around to making a full calendar before December rolls in...never rush into something, just take it slow. I just stamped and colored with my faithful water colored pencils, used my Nestie label # 4...did you notice a big pause there while I ran to my craft table and searched out the correct # for the Nestie? I wished they just called them as we see them, like a fancy die cut to make mats with. Anyway to bring in the color green I decided to take the same die size and cut it at both the top and bottom and kind of fit it under the white matt and guess what fellow stampers??? It worked out pretty nicely. Then add some satin purple ribbon and a couple of purple blingies and you're done. Guess the color combo is not that bad afterall. What say you???
Well the weekend is upon us and all of you that have a fella or a gal can hopefully have a very lovely time on Sunday when good old cupid flies in and sends an arrow into your buttinsky to remind you it's Valentine's Day. So take some thyme and add a bit of spice to your life with the one you love. I'm wishing you all a Happy Heart's Day in advance. I will cry in my beer alone but not to worry as my tears will probably be due to some sappy movie on Lifetime Network... and boy do they ever have some sappy movies. Happy Valentine's Day to all.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

This is just gorgeous, Pat!!! I adore that image and I love the way you framed it! Just beautiful!

Crystal said...

Pat , you aced it ! This is beautiful ! I love that dp . Sending a HUGE hug !

Carol L said...

Love that DP and the layering of the image! Perfect colored pansies and I love the bow treatment too!
Have a fabby weekend and a happy heart day too :)

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Pat, this is absolutely fabulous!! LOVE it!

Stef H said...

absitively, posolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Great framing tip! Pat, that nestie little guy has another talent; you just made it 'shine'. Blessings.
mt23stamper

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's weekend, Pat! You are such a sweetie sharing all that love with CH kids!
Keep Looking UP!

Julie Koerber said...

This is just beautiful mom and love the way it's matted up! That bling is the icing on the cake! :-)