Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday challenge...tab it with a twist


Well today's challenge at notimetostamp is to put a tab on it. Now I'm not very good at putting a lid on it but will try to do a tab and join in the fun. So I thought about this for awhile and remembered my buddy Ray at church turned 80 in December and he was gone to California and was coming back soon so.....a belated 80th. birthday for the old boy. Well when you think of being aged you ( at least me) think of maybe wine or vintage cars and since I gave up wine drinking for Lent, I went with an old car. I thought...old man, old car, but I have to tell you Ray is 80 chronilogically speaking but he's at least ten years younger in his body and brain. Really a nice old guy. An old car could be a clunker or a classic...I chose a classic. I used a car stamp from a gift from my friend Mary, it's an Angel Stamp Co. and they have some sssweet cars in the set. I put it on some patterned paper from K & Co. along with some brown cs., used my Nesties # something or other and made a receipe tab and stamped my congrats with a Flourishes stamp from their tag along set. So there you have it..oops I did put on some ribbon and one little blinger and fini. ( that's Frency y'know eh!) I think I need an intervention for my addiction to blingers. I realize this tab is not twisted but then I am so that's my play on the twisted tab...take it or leave it.
Happy weekend dear bloggers and let's hope we are not all snowed in. My brother on the west coast of Florida had snow this past week. Baby it's cold outside all over. Take care and enjoy.






14 comments:

Stef H said...

i only hope that spring isn't cold this year!

what a fabulous card. i love everything about it - the colors, the papers, the image! and your story was just super! you are a very sweet lady for remembering his birthday!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Hi Pat: LOVE your card -- your TAB is great!!! and I love the newsprint, too. Also love your *Nesties # something or other* -- LOL!!! We have beautiful weather -- sunny, bright, cheerful and very pleasant in the 20's and 30's. It's been a SUPER mild winter for us up here -- strange how things go!!!

Diane said...

Fabulous card Pat,I'm sure he'll love it!!!

Deb Neerman said...

This is just gorgeous, Pat! LOVE that image!

And that l'il baby pix on the top right sidebar of your blog kinda sezs it all, huh?!? Tooooo cute!

Have a great weekend!

PS: WHERE on the West Coast of Florida did it snow?!? Yikes, any snow in Florida is too much!!

Carol L said...

fantastic! I love how you added the tab to this grand ole card! I love classic cars, so this one is cool! I'm sure your friend will love it too!
Have a great weekend and stay warm!!

Erica said...

Oh, that's a cute tab card and even cuter baby pic!

Rose Ann said...

This is a such great guys' card, Pat...which I always seem to have difficulty with. The image is fabulous, and I love the newprint background!

shannon said...

love your hidden tab! first time to your blog. my husband is also from burbs of the big D...warren. we're in maryland now. I have to say how much i LOVE the baby picture on the sidebar of your blog!! my nephew had "rolls" like that and now he's skin and bones as a tall 3 year old! too cute! love the blog name!! lol.

mudmaven said...

Nice card - I'm sure he will just love it! It's snowing here, but not too bad. Love the baby pix! ~chris

Velta said...

Pat ~ Your card is wonderful and you are such a hoot! If I could visit you for 1 hour I am quite certain that you would have me bursting at the seams with laughter...you have such a way of putting it on your blog, I can only imagine listening to you in person!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so fun! The vintage car and that paper are a match made in heaven! Love the angle and the ribbon, and your cool tab!

Janine said...

Hi there gorgeous!! I love your tab creation!! Such a fun challenge this week.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.!!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

That's some rig, Pat! What a blest guy to receive a classy birthday card
upon his return to town! I like your color combo choices and layering accents. Bling is good for good guys! Check your snow shovel, Pat. We have rounded off the sharp chisel edge. End of season sales may be our next haunting if we can hold out that long. Sunny after morning services. So welcome! at 18 degrees, yes positive 18.
Keep Looking UP!
mt23stamper

Zoe said...

Hello Pat, I love the car stamp and I love the black ribbon you have used.
love
Zoe
xxxx