Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday challenge....Sympathy

Today's challenge at notimetostamp is sympathy. Well some of you out there are saying you need a stash but I'm an old lady and surprising enough and even more so happily I have not had to use a sympathy card in way over a year. Thanks be for that. I guess us oldies are goodies and we are determined to hang in there for a bit longer. With this dang snow though I'm not sure just how much longer I can....just kidding. Thank God for a snow blower! This card is so simple it does qualify for a stamp simply challenge . Took out my Spellbinder die cut and don't ask the # as I'm tired of running back and forth to check that out and if it's that important just write me an e-mail. Used black cs and then the background paper is K& Co. ( pad of all black and ivory designed..love it), some ivory cardstock to do a mat, and my stamp is Stampendous, simple yet a classy cursive. I added some black narrow velvet ribbon and that was that.
Well good people and even you naughty ones, have a splendid weekend.

6 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is beautiful Pat! Perfectly simple and elegant! Hope you don't need it anytime soon! Hang in there.... Spring is coming!

Terry said...

Pat, CAS sympathy makes my top of the morning list. We have lost a missionary's child who climbed into a tank of water in a field mission compound. Mourning. Hand of God bless this dear family. Thank you, Pat, for making CAS heartfelt.
mt23stamper

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous, Pat! Love the color combination and the clean and simple lines! A perfect sympathy card ... that hopefully, you'll never use!

Have a great (warm) weekend!

Carol L said...

This is great! Not only the colors, but the fact that it took such little effort to create! It's beautiful and that DP is gorgeous!
Have fun with the snow! We got dumped on again today, and the almanac predicts the biggest snowstorm ever will hit us in early March. I can hardly wait! NOT!!!!!
Have a great weekend!

Velta said...

Hey Pat ~ Perfect Sympathy Card...Simple and Elegant!

Janine said...

Hey Pat!! I am finally back from my weekend and just catching up on everything. Great card for the challenge!! Hope all is well with you!!