Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Timeless Tuesday & A Joke on my Neighbor


Well Timeless Tuesday on Weds. again but I have been busy so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. We were to use a stencil technique and I got out one of my brass stencils for Christmas which is of a Christmas tree and did a bit of paste and glitter. Easy card...just act like a kid in kindergarten and slap some embossing paste over the brass stencil and then use Prism Glitter and you have a fine sparkly tree. My phrase was done with some gold embossing and slapped on some gold background mat and I'm good to go. Better late then never is my motto for the day.
Funny experience in my post below which just continues on from here so keep reading and looking.

My son came home with this large plastic king about 6 months ago and we have had a blast scaring each other with it. He first put it in my bedroom and when I flipped on the light I nearly had a heart attack seeing this 5' plastic king, but it was so funny. Well I waited very patiently for about a week to 10 days and then I got him back by putting this wonderful king in his shower. Yikes he screamed so loud that I almost had an accident in my panties from laughing. Sooooo....time for some fun with our neighbor next door. He puts this arrangement of lights in the trees and this year he put a spotlight on an angel statue he had added to his garden. My son dressed in all black with a ski mask on trapsed through the woods and snuck up behind the angel and placed the king ( or maybe it is one of the three wisemen...but then again who ever heard of 3 wise men...maybe one would be WISE, but three is kind of stretching it ) behind so when my neighbor hit the lights he would have a great surprise. What fun we had and my neighbor was such a good sport instead of asking me to remove it from his display he wants it left there so everyone who comes for Christmas can get a good kick out of it too. He discovered it was there as he was in his upstairs bathroom perched on his throne having a cigar and opened the window to let the stinky smoke out. Low and behold ...what the heck is that??? P.S. His cat is going crazy over the king apparently she doesn't understand it at all.
This tree creation is eligible for the 2 Red Bananas weekly challenge which is to do some sort of tree. Well I've got the tree so I'm in.

21 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Well, your card is lovely, but your story is hysterical! Thanks for the giggles!

nise said...

LOVE the card! Just gorgeous! And thanks for dropping a pretty in my new mailbox, sweetie! Your story is hilarious! Thanks for sharing. Gotta wonder about a man who smokes cigars in his upstairs potty room. Do you think that helps get the "job" done?

Carol L said...

I am completely cracking up over this hysterical chain of events surrounding your "king!" LOL Pat, you are such a fun person and I love your descriptions of the events in your life :) Way to get back your son! LOL He deserved it :D
Your card is one of the prettiest I've ever seen you make! It's just dazzling and oh so beautiful!! I LOVE that tree on white!!!!! Nice job, and Thanx for the laughs :)

Betty Wright said...

Pat, I am or was drinking my cup of morning coffee and literally gasp at the WISE MAN story. This commentary needs to come with a spew alert, girl! Just so you know....your neighbor wants to keep the guy so he can get you back. Be wary the wiseman may show up in your backseat or hiding in your bushes! Hee Hee!

As for your FTTC card, it is gorgeous! I really should see about getting some of this paste. The results with the glitter is stunning! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

I will go refill my mojo, now! Still smiling, though. The shower was just a priceless comeback!

Stacy Morgan said...

Love the card, the clean feeling is PERFECT and oh I like the sparkles.
Too darn funny about the *wisemen* I bet you both were jumpy for a little bit after that. I am glad the neighbor was a good sport too! hee hee

mudmaven said...

OMG - the card took my breath away and your story had my co-workers venturing into my basement dungeon to make sure I hadn't completely lost it! C'mon now, I'm too old to laugh this hard - need to bring a change of clothes if you keep this up! DH put up a pix of him in the "time-out dingy" on our trip to the BVI last year - smoking cigars on the sailboat was a no-go with me and our fellow travelers. Seems like these aficionados will find unusual places to enjoy their vice! ~chris

Julie Koerber said...

OH MOM... I am laughing hysterically. First, I can see Justin in a hoodie sneaking in the woods and second -- you are lucky Mr. Faber didn't have a heart attack -- that king is kinda scary!!!!

LOVE the card -- that sparkle is to die for!! I think this is one of the prettiest cards ever!

Diane said...

You crack me up girl!!!! My husband was asking me what was so funny cause I was laughing so much!

Your card is gorgeous btw!!!!
Thanks for the good laugh at the end of the day,i needed it!

Lynette said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. Thanks for joining the 2RedBananas challenge this week. Great story!!

Barbara Schram said...

OH MY Goodness! I'm betting growing up in your household was blast! The neighbor story is hilarious! And your card is glittery goodness, very pretty! Have a good day, Pat!

Debbie said...

LOL, what a fun story, Especially the part about putting it in the shower! And your card is beautiful

Silke Ledlow said...

What a hoot you are - LOL!!! Glad your neightbor has a sense of humor too :)!!! You rock - Pat!!!

BTW - your challenge card is AWESOME...LOVE THE SPARKLY TREE!!!

Happy holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

Shirley said...

Not only in, Pat, but drop=dead elegant! So beautiful!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my goodness, you totally made me laugh with the king in the shower for your son.

...the stencil card is WOW! I love the white on white and the gorgeous sparkle!

Merry Christmas Pat! Blessings!

Velta said...

Pat ~ Beautiful and exquisite Card!!! Have you ever thought about stand up comedy...or writing a book about all of your crazy and hilarious adventures...If you want to make a million, I swear you could do it! I smile and laugh every time I visit your blog. Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Darlene said...

ROTFL ... Oh my stars ... you are tooooo funny girlfriend!! I'm so glad your neighbor has a sense of humor ... mine probably would have called the cops!!
Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I really love the elegance of it!
Merry Christmas!
P.S. Your cards going to be late unless I send you a store bought one!!! After sending 75 cards and none to my stamping friends yet ... guess what I'll be working on tomorrow!!! LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Pat! Thanks for another bone teaser. Have a very merry Christmas my friend!

Janine said...

LOLOLOLOL!!! You always make me laugh!!! Got your card today too. Fabulous!! Thank you!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Pat
Absolutely stunning!!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!!

Hugs
Karen x

Curt in Indy said...

OMG how did I miss this post?!? I laughed hysterically at all of these antics. I love your sense of humor! This was really funny! Great card too! Best, Curt

Jenny Gropp said...

My favorite part of the story -- "three wise men is stretching it!!!!" -- Laughing, Laughing.
Good one to put it in the shower!!!