Friday, December 11, 2009

Alteration...old to new



Well today's challenge at notimetostamp is take an old Christmas card and alter it with some of your own stuff or if you want, use somebody else's stuff but in short...change it up a bit. Wish it was that easy in altering things in life...like say the body. Boy what I wouldn't give for my old 20year old body, now that was A-Ok. It's crap getting old because alteration is usually altercation and I've lost my old fight lately. Anyway I got this card in the mail and I was supposed to send a donation in for the pack of 6 but I figure if I'm going to buy a 6 pack it isn't going to be cards. Ho Ho Ho.... I fooled them and kept the cards and kept my money too. All I did to this little gem was to take my sweet Nestie packets out and got cranking as in turning that handle. Used some silver for some background paper and cut a few silver snowflakes and added a pretty stone and colored it dark blue. So see how easy peasy it is to turn a card (you would have probably sent to someone who doesn't deserve a handmade one ) into a piece of you. Happy Friday and happy weekend too.
I'm off to the Poverty Program to pack up the toys for the kids whose parents can't afford toys for them. We are providing to over 300 kids this year and I'm so glad we still are able to do it. Let's be kind to someone who doesn't have the resources this year and surprise them with some love and a small token. Doesn't take much to make a sad person into a glad person & when you do it ...you are glad too.

14 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

This turned out beautifully, Pat! Good thing you had that "6-pack" handy!

Janine said...

PAT THIS IS AN AMAZING TRANSFORMATION!!!
Love ya
Janine
Have a great weekend.

Carol L said...

It's amazing what a difference a little Nestie can make when recycling a card! It's beautiful! I have a whole stack of sample card fronts I've been saving for years because they're too pretty to throw away. This is my inspiration to work on them, and I'll be doing that this afternoon!
I love your parting words today......they're so true. Happy wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Darlene said...

PERFECT! You did an awesome job on this challenge!
Enjoy your day ... you have such a good heart! Bless You!!
Have a great weekend!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWZER - what a transformation!!! I think it's absolutely gorgeous - Pat!!! I need to find a card I can alter now....Hugs ~S~

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great job, Pat! And good for you for helping those little tykes out. You're a good egg, my friend! A little cracked, perhaps, but very good ;-) Have a great weekend!

Diane said...

Ho Ho Ho!!! A six pack to go!!
You are a lady with a great sense of humour and love ya for it!!!
You did a great job with that card!

denise g. said...

Wonderful transformation. Yeah, if only we could fix our bodies as easily. Happy to read you're still doing good things for others. Stay warm and well.

Jenny Gropp said...

OMG -- you do it everytime -- create a fantastic card and also give me achuckle -- this time the "6 pack" got me going pretty good!!
Merry Christmas, Pat!!!

Julie Koerber said...

This is just beautiful mom! Wonders what a great image, a nestie, some bling and a snowflake can do!!!

Velta said...

Oh Pat...your last 4 posts have been too funny!!! You have got to know that your humour is addicting...your card is just amazing...gonna try it soon. TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Blessings on all who see Jesus in the love you are sharing because He first loved!!! Now, that card is at our house, too, minus the nesties creative lift! Come on down, Pat, for some spiffy card perking. Thanks for the uplift to all around your 300 children.
Keep Looking Up!

Shirley said...

How pretty! Your adds just made it stunning!

Mescrap said...

My dear Pat, this piece is absolutely beautiful !!!