Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wishing You Good Things

A few weeks ago when I was at my daughter's house, we grabbed her Art Impressions stamps and did a few cards with a very old technique. Art Impressions has watercolor stamps that you use with Marvy markers. Color the back of the stamp, stamp on watercolor paper and go over the whole thing with a waterbrush. When you are done, you have a creation that really looks like watercolor. I took a class at least 5 years ago on this technique and remember coming home and calling Julie right away. She had never heard of this. Before I knew it, she had a slew of these stamps and was teaching classes on the technique. See what we start with eachother?

Here's a close up of the birdie
That's it for now. Thanks to my dd for taking the pictures of my cards while I was there.

4 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Yes! I do see what you start with me. Guess we enable each other in all kinds of things!! It was fun making these cards with you. Thanks for reminding me how fun they can be!! Happy Wednesday MOM!

Mescrap said...

It's so beautiful.
I feel that it's really not easy for me to write line with watercolour.
But you did really great in doing that.

Jennifer Buck said...

Ohmygoodness! This is just the most beautiful! Wow! LOVE it! Hope you are doing well and thanks for sharing! ;)

Janine said...

Pat this is beautiful!! I love doing this technique with AI stamps. I have a whole slew of them myself... May is just a crazy busy month for me ... Toronto this weekend, Ohio next, moving kids in and out, card workshops. YEESH !!
But I take it a day at a time and hope for the best!!!
Have a great one!