Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Timeless Tuesday...Sketch Challenge


Well, I love sketch challenges and Miss Cindy ( our sweet Canadian Friend) is challenging with a pretty nifty sketch. Easy peasy when someone does the lay out for you. I say ...you go girl ! So I chose the little sweetie mound of snow called a snowman from Flourishes set Warm Winter Wishes and followed the sketch. I love using blue for holiday cards so I decided to be blue or I should say go blue and do a mono type card. Just used my water colored pencils and a bit of ribbon, bling, and some glitter glue. Today was only zero out...yep I did say zero and tonight is supposed to be minus 6-10 degrees. Hey Baby it's cold outside and on Saturday we got about 4-6 inches of snow and since they don't plow here or salt I felt like Sonja Hennie on ice but in my car. If you don't know who Sonja Hennie is well that's Ok cause she goes way back and was
a wonderful ice skater in the 30's and 40's. A kind of Dorothy Hammil of my day and age. So anyhow I hope you all have a great week and I'll see you later.

14 comments:

Glenda said...

Wonderful card! I won this set and just received it in the mail. I have already inked it up and can't wait to color it! Snow? Really?....No plowing? I didn't think there was any place that didn't plow. But then again, what do I know.....I live in the South and we hardly receive any snow to speak of....1-2 inches is a lot for us! Hope you have a wonderful Holiday! Blessings to you and your family!

Kathryn said...

lovely card, thanks for joining Anything Goes this week, K x

Carol L said...

BRrrr!!! Baby it's cold where you live!!! It was 65 here yesterday, but turning colder today, but nowhere near as cold as you! Your card is so cute with all the blue! I love snowmen! I must admit that I remember Sonja, but of course I was just in diapers at the time :)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Pat! Stay warm!

Cindy Haffner said...

Pat what a SWEET creation!!

Anonymous said...

A very beautiful card, I love the blue color so bright. So they don't plow your roads. Why is that? Are they low in funds like our state is? Pat, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving and your family. Keep warm.
Mary L Schreiber

Anonymous said...

Oh wowsers pat, love this snowman card with the pretty blue!! have an awesome Thanksgiving!

Curt in Indy said...

Great card Pat. Love the snowman image. You need to hurry and find you one of those cowboys to keep you warm! LOL Best, Curt

Unknown said...

Cute snowman card Pat!! Love the blue winter look and how your coloring! Thank you for playing along :)

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful all in blue, Pat! I really need to get my hands on this little snowguy! Beautiful Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge! Happy Thanksgiving!

velta said...

Love, love the blue you used on this perfect image Pat!!! Here is wishing your and yours the very best of Thanksgivings...Stay well and healthy and I will deal with the rest :)

Dee said...

Love your blue snowman card,I also remember Sonja, but I was very young, thank you for the comment on my card, have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute card Pat!!! I love this sweet snowman too!!! Stay warm!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

EFX bracelet is a new trend of bracelets in French, and it will sweep the whole world in

the near future without doubt.
Power balance here provides lot of pictures for you.

Anonymous said...

Most people care about their appearance a great deal and our Birkenstock Outlet will offer you diverse such items. You will like stylish Birkenstock Shoes. The utmost comfort of Birkenstock will benefit you a lot.