Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Timeless Tuesday


Well I guess I'm being an "old" softy on this one and I don't mean like those Dairy Queen softies that are all cold, mushy, and drippy but rather soft and delicate( wow that's a stretch, even for me )but I mean in my colors.What's with the pastel mood you ask??? Well it's that time of year with Mother's Day this week and I've been outdoors working in the yard and my trees are all in bloom with the wonderful soft colors of pinks, lavender, and white. It is so beautiful to behold. So I used this new Flourishes stamp set which by the way....I WON by doing Timless Tuesday , so if you're smart and I know most of you are, well join in . Who knows you may be next. This week the adorable .Silke Ledlow is doing the challenge and says to make a card and a gift type item ( a bag, box, or whatever ) that matches up. I did a bag and a topper and added my Flourishes set called Spring Bouquets...Lovely set with some nice phrases to use for Mom's special day. I am going to fill the bag ( not me the bag, but the paper real bag) with some goodies and give it to my darling niece Punkin ( yep her real name is Patricia..can you guess who she's named after?) who has been carrying that nickname for almost 60 years now. She invited me ...well I lied, I invited myself along to a real smashing brunch at the Dearborn Inn. We went before and it is unbelievable...prime rib, ham, chicken and I could go on and on and of course breakfast food for the fools that won't partake in a real feast. But back to business here, my card and bag was just done with my colored pencils and I didn't even use a blender as I just wanted a hint of color. I had to put the green tag on because I smeared the words when I stamped it on the white cardstock so I did a little cover up and you know what? I like it like that. So that's the story for today. Hope you are all behaving yourself. I have now lost a total of 23# ( # that's short for pounds) and I am dancing and skipping with joy. I think the trainers at the gym are REALLY starting to take me serious. Who knows maybe in my next life I'll be the new Jackie LaLane. See you soon bloggers.





10 comments:

lin_ka1 said...

Pat
Colors of the recipe and beautiful gifts, and this means that around your house or colors delight.

Unknown said...

Oh Pat, your darling niece will love your gift set!! The bag turned so beautifully as well as you matching card... love the pastel & soft look of the image!
Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!

Diane said...

Such a pretty gift set Pat!!!
Enjoy your brunch with your niece!!
Wow,23 pounds,You Go Girl1!!!

Stef H said...

omgoodness! is this ever gorgeous! that image is absolutely fabulous and your colors are to die-for gorgeous! wow! wow! and WOW!

your "feast" sounds yummy too! and i just love your humor!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Laugh, visit up a storm, and devour every tasty morsel come Mother's Day Brunch, Pat! Your success with those trainers will continue in fine form. Speaking of fine form, color matching and lovely garden art top your gift set with eye delighting spring glory. Such a caring art grouping! Happy Mother's Day!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful gift set for your niece! I love the pastel colors and simple design! I'm really proud of you for losing 23 pounds! That's a lot of hard work and I'm sure you're feeling much better too.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day Pat!!!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful set - such soft and pretty colors. Have fun at brunch!!!

Curt in Indy said...

Honestly, your "soft" cards are just stunning Pat! I love these soft colors and the matching bag is terrific! Great job on this challenge! Best, Curt

Deb Neerman said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Silke Ledlow said...

Pat you are sooooo fun!!! I'm always looking forward stopping by!!! Even my hubby loves it when I read your post to him :) !!!

Anyway...I'm thrilled you came out to play the gift set challenge with us!!! Your bag and card are GORGEOUS!!! You made your new Set shine!!!

Have a wonderful *Mother's Day* tomorrow!!! Hugs ~S~