Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Birthday...happy new life


Well today is my son Justin's birthday and he really is 29 today...no joke, it's for real. Happy Birthday and happy "new" life. He left Michigan Friday to head out to start a new life in Broomfield, Colorado. He left me a voice message that I heard this a.m. that he arrived safe and sound. Well maybe not so sound, but very tired after the 2 day drive. His fiance Callie took her little Corgi dog with her ( they took 2 cars) and they had to make several potty stops for Diva the dog. But they are there in a new place to start a good life with something they can't find here in Michigan...JOBS. Good luck to you and Happy Birthday to Justin.

This card was done with the Corvette stamp which I received from by good friend Mary Schreiber who lives in Minnesota.It's part of a set of Chevy cars from the stamp company The Angel Company. This is the first time I've heard of this company but I love this '57 corvette which was my dear husband Will's first Corvette that he restored. Brings back such wonderful memories.

9 comments:

mudmaven said...

Cute card! Glad to hear he made it safe and sound. Wonder if he's in my neighborhood? Broomfield has gotten much bigger since dh and I moved here 26 years ago, but it's not that big! I am sure they will enjoy it here. It's a very nice community! ~chris

Stef H said...

wonderful card. the very best of luck to DS and to you. enjoy the quiet.

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! twenty-nine! Grabbing for a Colorado strong hold enlives the Rocky Mountain West; go Justin.
Rubbermaid, what is that Angel Company stamp set of good ol' cars? Sounds sensational! Looks like a total winner in your card! Thanks for posting the info here for everyone to muse. Blessings.

Carol L said...

Aww, I'm betting you have bittersweet feelings for Justin moving so far away! HB to him, and I wish him success with his job.
Your card is great and I LOVE that corvette image! My DH always wanted to own a 'vette, but losing his job in 2006 put the damper on that dream! It's great to bring back those treasured memories with a card like this! Have a wonderful Sunday {{hugs}}

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, Pat! Very clean ... and elegant, too.

Best wishes for your DS that he finds a wonderful new life in CO.

Stay warm!

Diane said...

Oh Pat this is a beauty!!! My DH is a car nut,I just showed him your card...he wants it!!!
The car that is,lol!!!!
Glad they made it safe and sound!

Janine said...

Great card Pat and what a wonderful thing that your son is doing!! Have a fabulous week!!

denise g. said...

{HUGS}! Hope Justin & Callie have a good life together in Colorado. And that you can adjust to being on your own again. Fantastic Card! It's a wonderful rendition of a great classic. Bet you get a lot of use out of it.

Stacy Morgan said...

This is a GREAT guy card. I like that car image, what guy wouldn't love it. Happy Birthday to your DS!