Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm Back & Raring to Goooooo!

Yep I know I've been slacking off on posting but the holidays get us old folks down at times and I decided to give myself a little rest. Then I misplaced my glasses and thought...how do you find your glasses when, you need them, to find them??? Anyway I am trying something new today, a challenge with Caardvark's. Crazy spelling on that sight but who am I too criticize...afterall this is my first time trying their challenge and I don't want to get them mad before they get to know me, then of course if I get too crazy...they can block me. Here's the plan, follow the sketch shown below and that's what I did and oh yes, you need to use
Just Rite stuff which I just so happen to have. So here's the sketch



So here's what I came up with. Did a little paper piercing to make the line formations. Isn't that special? And of course some bling is always a must. Don't look too closly as I smeared the word celebrate and since the card was together I thought, oh what the heck nobody will even notice if I don't tell them.


Happy New Year to you all...it's the begining of a new era or is that the beginning of a new error??? With me it's the later of course, but as my Mom once said be kind to your elders. My big question is, where the heck are they?? Happy New Year and Happy new week. Talk soon.

17 comments:

Becca said...

Yippee to that...Hey Happy New Year dear Pat......how are you?

I love this card. Sorry been out of touch lately but my New Years resolution is to get back into my craft and connect with my scrappin friends....

How was your holidays? Did you get to see Julie and the family?

I will pop in more often to say hello. How are the cards for kids coming along?

Hugs to you and thanks for popping by.

xo
Bela

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty card, Pat! Nice to have you back - hope you are having a nice new year so far!

Carol L said...

Hey Pat, it's good to see you posting again! You had me a tad concerned.......I thought perhaps you took off on a Caribbean Cruise for the holidays or something!! Your card is just beautiful, and I love the piercing you added! Nice job my friend, and welcome to 2010! We elders will get our due one day.....*sigh*

shelly said...

Super pretty card!!!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Pat
The colours are just beautiful.

Karen x

Amy C said...

Such a lovely card!! I really like the scallop edge and paper piercing. Wonderful take on the sketch!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!

Marsha said...

Very beautiful. Love the monochromatic blue and the gems and the piercing. In other words, I love your card.

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful card Pat! I didn't even notice the smear!! I love your colors and especially the "bling"

Where do the days go during December? I was so far behind I never sent one card. I started a project that I thought was going to take a 3 day weekend and instead it took 3 weeks. LOL.

One of my best highlights for 2009 was getting to meet you and all the gang. We sure did have a fun time.

I wish you the best New Year ever!

Hugs
Joan

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Pat, coming your way aboard monochromatic crispy soft (just like all the snow, thaw, freeze, snow we've been receiving) blinged greetings. Bellisimo!
Your creative sketch answer shared with all of us, boda bing! Keep Looking UP!

Deb Neerman said...

Hi Pat! What a great card ... love it!

Best wishes for a fantabulous 2010 ... hope your every dream comes true this year!

~Hugs, Deb

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a pretty card!!

Curt in Indy said...

I think this is one of the prettiest cards you've done! I love the bling, the punching, and the colors! Really beautiful! Best, Curt

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pat!

dstandard said...

WOW beautiful card!

Denise Clark said...

Very classy and elegant card! Love it!

Glasses? Usually when I lose mind they are on top of my head!

Shirley said...

All I can say is ELEGANT!