Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Timeless Tuesday...monochromatic


Well this is not my forte (that's like fort...ay but my computor doesn't have those Frenchie marks over letters); however,being the good sport that I am I decided hey why not. I'll give it the old college try & since I went to U of D which is(University of Detroit) and the colors are red & white I did a little college cheer and got started. Using Flourishes Poppy set I created a simple yet mono card. I guess red is not the most popular mono color but who said I had to be popular. Here's my simply Red & white card. Used my Nestie's one of the numbers and a few red blingy stones and done. Gosh I posted yesterday am I going a bit bonkers here???

10 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Lovely Mom! Just goes to show this poppy looks great even in just a solid color! I love it! And, you know I LOVE red! :-)

Carol L said...

You created a beautiful mono card with red and white! I just love those poppy images! You made it seem so simple to create, yet I normally spend half a day on a mono card!

I'm cracking up over your frog birthday card from yesterday!! LOL The sentiment inside is hilarious!! Great cards!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat! I think this is lovely in red!! Who says it's not your forte?!!
smiles,Deena

Darlene said...

This is awesome Pat! I think you did a wonderful job here!! I really love your choice of color, image & layout! FANTASTIC!!!

Anonymous said...

very simple but soooo elegant hun!! Your frog card, way toooo funny!

denise g. said...

Slow Down! I got chores to do and my sister is coming for supper tonight (what was I thinking when I offered to cook?). I can't keep up with daily posts, even if they are classy and elegant like this one. I like that red. And just what did you study at U of D?

Vivi Casale said...

Pat, absolutely gorgeous card! I love it!!
Hugs
Vivi

Curt in Indy said...

Monochromatic cards are really hard to do sometimes, but you did a fab job with this one! Really pretty! Best, Curt

Dee Jackson said...

hey Miss Pat!! This is gorgeous!!

Shirley said...

This is beautiful. I love monochromatic cards and yours is lovely.