Friday, July 31, 2009

Lovely Lace


Well today's challenge at Sharon Johnson's ( click on her name on right) is to use lace on your card. I'm not much of a lacy type old lady but did find a piece to use on my card. My little birdie in the tree is singing a sweet little song to me...it has that trill to it, do you hear it?? Better then little birdie in the tree...don't drop that white stuff all over me! My bird is from Crafty Secrets cotton scraps called flowers,my phrase is from Impression Obession, the embellishments are Petaloo, and I used my Nestie and a Fiskar's border punch. What else you want to know?
Took my friend Clara out for her 93rd. birthday yesterday and before lunch she emitted sounds like my coffe pot does in the early a.m.& then after lunch the crickets came out loudly as she proudly passed gas on the way out of the restaurant. What a funny old lady....she asks me " Hey Pat did you hear that one???" I praised her soundly letting her know what a great gas passer she is.
Have a great weekend fellow stampers
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO FLOURISHES...my card is a twofer and it's my happy birthday card to the great company that Flourishes is!

13 comments:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really nice card, Pat! Of course, I'm kind of partial to that particular bird image...;-) Have a great weekend!

Julie Koerber said...

OH MY GOSH MOM... too much information! HA! When it comes to your card...love the way you strung the lace up the side -- that is really pretty! That cotton scrap is just toooo pretty! I have that one. I'll have to pull it out and use it!

Jenny Gropp said...

OMG - You had me laughing again with your post! I say at 93 you have earned the right to do whatever you want!!! I love how you cut out the image with the nestie. Gonna have to use that idea! Lovely Lace Creation Pat!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my, I don't quite know what to say about Clara! I guess she's entitled at that age to do whatever she wants! Your card is GORGEOUS! I never thought about cutting out Cotton Scraps with Nestabilities! I'll have to try that! Have a great weekend, you sweet lady!

Carol L said...

Ha Ha, I'm cracking up over your little escapade with your friend! At 93, it's fabulous that she still goes out to lunch, even if she is a bit windy! LOL
Your card is so pretty! I love the lacy border edge and how perfectly it goes with that pretty bird image and flowers!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing like mad..... you are killing me!!!!!! Oh my guts hurt!!!! okay so now I'm crying!!!!!! Pat, I love you! Love your card too..........

Denise Clark said...

Love this card! Very pretty! And I'm pretty sure I would get along with your friend Clara too! :)

Darlene said...

Oh My Gosh ... ROTFL .... your stories crack me up!!!!

Your card is BBBBeautiful!!! Love your use of lace and the flowers were a perfect touch as well!! I just LOVE Crafty Secrets of all kinds but especially the cotton scraps ... this is gorgeous!! Well done my friend!! Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Pat. Glad your back I missed you.
Mary

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Pat.
Beautiful image, love the lace too.
You cracked me up with your story....too funny!!

Karen x

Janine said...

I love your card Pat!! The lace is so pretty!!!
We had a great time at the wedding. Lots of food, lots of dancing and the bride and groom looked awesome!!

Shirley said...

Wow! So feminine and such lovely colors too! I really like that bird~!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Such a gorgeous card! I LOVE the die cut scrap and your pretty lace border!!! GREAT card and quite the story -- LOL!!! Isn't it fun to get old and know what we have to look forward to -- LOL!!!