Monday, February 16, 2009

Timeless Tuesday Challenge ...Flowers


Well today's challenge at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday is to use flowers. I chose the parrot tulip (not the polly want a cracker kind but the one) from the Thank you set by Flourishes. What an easy image to use as it speaks to you and I don't mean like a parrot but instead like a beautiful sound of spring. I used navy blue cardstock along with Denium colored ink and did a bit of layering and added a bit of bling. The phrase is part of a new set from Stampin Up and boy what a wonderful piece of advise to follow...you only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. I hope you all heed that advise and seize the day each and every day. So, go out there and have a great time today by putting a smile on your face and on the face of everyone you meet, in other words...have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Scrapping Donna said...

Beautiful card! I love the sentiment. So true.

Julie Koerber said...

This is lovely! I love that black and white contrast! Too pretty!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I love the Black and White. This set just moved up to the top of my list!!

Janine said...

WOW Pat!! Just beautiful! Hope all is well with you!

Becca said...

wow...that is just gorgeous..I love all of your cards and this one is so elegant.

Betty Wright said...

Pat, this card is wonderful in black and white. So striking. Thanks so much for playing in the FTTC3!!!!

Anonymous said...

Classy card and fabulous advice. Like how you put a bit of the tulip on the edge of the sentiment.
Hope you're dry down there ~ we're getting a very rain-like s-n-o-w.

Zoe said...

Hello Pat, I love the sentiment and I love the layout.
love
Zoe
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh Pat, love the navy and white, very elegant. Beautiful card hun. How's Polly???hehehe

Velta said...

Oh Pat you did such a great job on this card...I have that stamp...and you are enabling me to get in the mood for "SPRING!!"

Anonymous said...

Very pretty the black and white alway makes such beautiful cards.

Crystal said...

Just love that sentiment and what a simply elegant card ! Love your encouragement , Pat !

Nancy said...

Love the black and white! Beautiful!

Shirley said...

Wow! I love this card and that stamp! I just got this set and your card is such an inspiration. Love the design and the black and white~

6 wacky women said...

Elegant card, Pat.
Love the black and white. Love that sentiment too.

Karen x

Darlene said...

Just beautiful!! Love the black & white ... always so classy!!