Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Timeless Tuesday ...get inspired

Today at TT at Flourishes we are to get inspired by the top photo. Wow it's autumn looking and so very colorful so I chose to use the new set A Season of Thanks which has some beautiful images which have to remind us of Thanksgiving. My card done in the purple tones actually was the first one I did with this image but while surfing the web after I made the card I found Beate had made one almost identical so I redid and came up with the green one. I don't know how it happens when I make a card and then find another designer ( I know I'm not a real designer but let's pretend) has done a card just like mine. Once again I'm being "corny" and using this Indian corn image and my water colored pencils to do it up. Used my Spellbinders oval both regular and scalloped to set this off. Found some nice BG papers and added some bling and done. Both cards will be used for Thanksgiving to wish happiness to friends. The purple one is already in the mail to my cousin in Canada since their Thanksgiving is  next Monday.
We are still having hot weather and I'm getting sick of it....come on let's have a cool down please.
Happy week fellow stampers and see you next time.

10 comments:

Glenda said...

Both of these are so pretty...something about hanging colored corn just speaks Fall to me! We have had 38 degree mornings and wonderful afternoon temps of 70 or so. Just gorgeous!

Rosemary said...

both your cards are so pretty, but i absolutely LOVE that you made one that puts the focus on the purples in the inspiration photo!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Pat this is so PRETTY!~

Velta said...

Yeah, you are a bit corny...LOL! Love the coloring you did on both cards!!! TFS!

Heather Rogers said...

WOW Pat! I love them both. Amazing job using that beautiful image. Thanks for always being so supportive of FTTC. :)
Hugs~

Curt in Indy said...

I love both color combos, but my fave is definitely the one in green. I've never been a "purple guy" but the image makes both color combos pretty. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Shannon White said...

Wowzer Pat! These are both just Gorgeous! 8-) I really need to pull out my flourishes stamps and play.. it's been a while.. lol Thanks so much for the inspiration Lady!

Happy Sunday to you!

Hugs
Shannon

lin_ka1 said...

Pat
I do not know whether you are playing in the blogging awards, but you knew that your blog was listed my 16 favorite.
lin_ka1

Silke Ledlow said...

Pat, both color combos are so beautiful! Perfect take on the inspiration challenge! Thanks for joining in...hugs ~S~

Shirley said...

How beautiful and how Fall! The colors are spectacular and unique for the season!