Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Timeless Tuesday use aqua, yellow, & brown


Well the Timeless Tuesday challenge is to use aqua, yellow, & brown and I have to tell you this was a tuffy for me because I am not an "out of the box" kind of gal and I find it hard to put different colors like this together. Love you Miss Cindy, but you stressed me out on this one. Grabbed the colors from my paper stash and tried to make it work. I used the daffy dills from the calendar set, a couple dies from Spellbinders, a bit of ribbon and a wee button and I slapped them all together and this is how it ended. Hope everyone is getting ready for the Easter Bunny...I am. Can't figure out where to hide all the goodies for the kiddos so I don't eat it all before the big day. When my DGD asked me for something special I told her to put it on her list for the bunny. She explained it's not like Christmas Nana, you don't make a list. Gosh was I ever disappointed to find that out and here I was with my list all ready to present to the bunny at the mall. I think I'll just give it to him anyway and see what transpires. Happy week fellow stampers.

11 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT Pat and so PRETTY!!~

Glenda said...

Such wonderful coloring on your image. Very pretty!

velta said...

LOL Pat!!! You are so funny...your card turned out beautifully...and I love the yellow and brown look. I wish you and yours the very Happiest of the Easter Holiday :)

Carol L said...

Cute story about your DGD LOL YOu did a great job with these colors! I shy away from color challenges because I ponder over the colors for hours on end. Not worth it to me!
Have a fabulous Easter weekend and keep smiling :)

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Pat! Wonderful blend of the colors and lovely colored flower! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC! Have a Blessed Easter Weekend!

Susan (rainy) said...

Well you made it work BEAUTIFULLY, Pat. Your card is gorgeous! Happy Easter to you.

Tammy Hershberger said...

I don't see where this was a "tuffy" at all, Pat! It's beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Pat! Glad you had a chance to play along! Hugs ~S~

Betty said...

Really pretty Pat. Passed through Billings Thursday and today (Monday) on our way to DD's in Butte. I waved hi. Did you see me? LOL Would have been so much fun to meet up with you and your DD. Next time? Meet at Michael's? :)

Avoorhies25 said...

I love the stuff that your making. I've really gotten into crafting here recently mainly since I just graduated college in May i have more time to do this stuff. I also have two cricut machines which helps with my obsession. If you or anyone you know is a teacher and is looking for creative ideas they can visit my blog at http://creativeideasforteachers.blogspot.com/
hope to see some of you there.

Avoorhies25 said...

Quick question for you, I was wondering when you use stamps how do you get them to be more than one color. I used to use stamps when I was a kid, but I am just kind of starting to go more in-depth with them. Thanks for the help.