Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Time for Timeless Tuesday

Yes I am still trying to use my new camera to take good pictures and with no great success as yet. DD has a light she uses and I have tried it but without doing a good job. I get shadows etc. so I guess for now I'll just deal with it. This is a phrase from one of the Flourishes sets I think it's called Lines. Many nice phrases but this one is really me....don't you agree? After all I am of nature in a sense ( well maybe not too much sense) and I am something of the marvelous so there you see, it's me! The paper from my old friend Mike's place and I can't tell you the company who made it because...it's not a secret but I apparently cut the piece I used and the rest of the sheet has no name so I'm thinking it's glued down on the card. Pretty BG so if you want some check with Mike and he may be able to clue you in. I used some rust colored ink for my phrase and have to admit I did a lousy job on my distressing...quite distressing to me but I really did try. Added some matching ribbon and a few blingers and I felt exhausted and decided to quit. Hope your week is off to a good start. Mine is better then last week when I ended up in the ER with DD sitting next to my bed for almost 5 hours. I think it was food poisoning but the doctor really didn't know so he hooked me up to an IV for pain and the puking and after some time of being out of it he unhooked me and sent me home to bed with pills. I was not up to par for a few days but am much improved. See you soon fellow bloggers.

11 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Pat...I'm happy to hear you are doing better!!! Glad you even felt like making a card...and what a beauty it is!!! The distressing looks wonderful!!! Hugs ~S~

Glenda said...

All I want to know about your trip to the ER is did the Dr. wear a cowboy hat? Glad you are doing better! Love your card and yes that sentiment is so you!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Pat. So sorry to hear about your ER visit - how scary for you and Julie. Glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Pat, I am so sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. That stuff is horrible!
Your card is lovely, colors all blend well together.
You will get the hang of your new camera in no time. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your framed house.
Mega hugs
Sharon
I have to be anonymous as I can not remember my user names and password.

6 wacky women said...

GORGEOUS card, Pat
Great sentiment too!
Glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Karen x

velta said...

Hi Pat...you have really out done yourself with this beautiful creation...I just love it!! Hate ER visits...but what can one do...gotta do what you gotta do...Do not worry about your camera...when I first started...my photos were bummers...sometimes they still are, but we keep doing what we love right?

Carol L said...

I feel your pain with the ER visit, having spent 3 visits there myself within a 2 week period in September! Yuukk!! So glad you're feeling a bit chipper by now and were able to create a card! I love the rust color the most, because I have an extremely difficult time creating with that color for some reason!! Take care of yourself, ya hear?! We want you back to 100% marvelous real soon!

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful... marvelous card, Pat. And, yes, just like you.

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience. That food poisoning can be really brutal. So glad you are feeling better.

denise g. said...

First things first - - GORGEOUS card! Now, how did you get poisoned and no one else did, hmm? Thank goodness it didn't kill your MARVELOUS sense of humor. Toasty hugs from the mitten (I got a furnace this week - wooohoo!).

Curt in Indy said...

You are marvelous and so is your card! Hugs to all there! Best, Curt
P.S. My word verification word for this comment is "weeneshe". LOL

Betty Wright said...

This is wonderful, Pat! Great colors and the distressing is terrific! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge!