Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Challenge....Phrase over image

. Well today's challenge at Sharon's no time to stamp is to have your phrase over your image. I used the Hydrangea from Hero Art's and the phrase is from Inkadinkado. Since this looked pretty plain with just coloring and matting I decided to mask and put some leaves/filagree or whatever behind the flower in gold.These are from Scrappy Cat,and of course some bling. My gold ink was just not working well so I went with a pathetic pretend gold. Did you ever do that??? Just pretend when things don't work? Just pretend they did and well you'll just not get yourself all frazzled, and if you do get upset, then put it aside and have a lovely glass of wine or phone a friend or ask the audience, OMgoodness I think I'm on "Who Want's to be a Millionaire" and now even I'm confused which is really unusual ( just ask my kids as they know what a stable person I am for a lady of my age. ) I guess you could say I'm aged to perfection, but that might be a wee bit of a stretch. Anyway I think we're done here and I hope you all have a GREAT holiday weekend. I'm laying low with no plans as of yet. See you next week.



13 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I love it, Pat -- it's just lovely!!! And I do love the filigree/floruishy background you created! And YUP, I totally agree that you ARE aged to PERFECTION!!!
So glad you played!!!

mudmaven said...

I think this is just gorgeous Pat! The background is just perfect for this image. We old geezers need to stick together - AGED to PERFECTION - indeed! ~chris

Kelly said...

What a very pretty card! Lovely!!

Carol L said...

Your coloring is simply amazing on this beauty! I love the gold edges and bling that perfectly compliment this lovely image!
Pour a glass of wine, sit back, relax, and enjoy your holiday weekend!!! Life is good :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a pretty card, Pat! Your coloring on the flower is lovely! You have a nice weekend, sweet lady! :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very pretty card, Pat - your coloring is wonderful! And you are aged to perfection with a perfectly intact, wonderful sense of humor! As is my mother, who will turn 89 next weekend and still plays golf a couple of times a week! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Darlene said...

Beautifully done my friend!!! Great thinking to do the masking and add the gold filigree! Your coloring on this hydrangea is gorgeous!!!
Hope you have a wonderful, fun filled weekend ... it's going to be pretty quiet here, but that's okay!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat
Cute card. You are a real gem.I love reading what you write. I always have a good laugh. Have a great weekend. Mary L. Schreiber

6 wacky women said...

Pat, your posts are a hoot!!
I love stopping by here, you are just too funny.

Your card is gorgeous, love the colour combo, the flower is beautiful.

Karen x

denise g. said...

You deserve a whole bottle! What a gorgeous card!! I thought that filigree stuff was a PURCHASED paper!?! And, no, I haven't had any wine in weeks! Your hydrangea is stunning, too. Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

this studio audience member says " beautiful card Pat!!!"

Julie Koerber said...

Just a true beauty!!! I love this Hero image and I love how you stamped that beautiful saying over top! It just pops!

Jenny Gropp said...

This is just stunning Pat! One of my faves from you!