Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's my Party and Cake and Ice cream will be served at 2 p.m.


I'm loving getting old, the birthday cards are the best. I loved these two from some friends I have had for over 50 years.
This cute old broad is having a blast and in case you can't read it she say's "I was mugged the other day, A hooligan in a ski mask ran his dirty hands all over my trembling body. I said, "Young man, I don't carry cash! but if you do that again, I'll write you a check. Don't let anyone rob you of a happy birthday.

This one says
If Life's a Beach...where the hell are our cabana boys? I'm the one in black and white suit with the red bathing cap on the right. Nice bum eh ! Yep, when I was a young kid we called our rear end's bums, not butts or arse's.
And just so you know I plan to have a wonderful 72nd. birthday. My niece Punkin is taking me to lunch today and tomorrow my sister is taking me to lunch and next Weds. my cute little neighbor Johanna is taking me to lunch. Will I keep my bathing suit body neat and trim??? Oh well your birthday only comes once a year so I plan to enjoy it. Happy Birthday to me....bells and whistles and confetti all over the place.

11 comments:

sandyh50 said...

Happy Birthday Pat! Celebrate all week long! It's your right! LOve the cards, and yes, you do have a nice "bum"!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Pat! All birthdays should be celebrated for a week! Enjoy!

Crystal said...

Strike up the band ... Happy Birthday, Pat ! Have a fabulous day and week !

Darlene said...

HAPPY ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!! Wished I lived closer so "I" could take you to lunch too!! Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pat, celebrate all you can. At our age we should be able to eat anything we want for our birthday. In 19 days I will be celebrating my 67th birthday. I don't like getting old but I guess we can't do anything about it. Have a great day. Mary L Schreiber

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Sweetie! Hope it was a great one.
Hugs

denise g. said...

I LOVE your sense of Humor! Hope all of your lunches are as enjoyable as the one we shared on the 2nd! With the lunch plans and the flowers from out west, May is looking like a good month for you! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat:
Sorry I missed...but Happy, Happy Birthday to you....we thought of you and the great time we had as we went to Novi last weekend. Some day, we'll have to stop in and visit again! Keep on celebrating...love those cards you got!
(Pauline in Thessalon)

Curt in Indy said...

Your friends have great senses of humor too! I'm so sorry I missed your birhtday! I so hope it was happy and may I wish you a very Happy Belated Birthday! Best, Curt

Shirley said...

HB all year long Pat, and you better be prepared for many more! You only look like you are in your early 50's. I saw that darling picture of you with your GD.

Jenny Gropp said...

Happy belated Birthday!!! I always call it my Birthday month -- try to milk it for all I can!! I bet lunch with you would be a blast! Love your sense of humor!! Wishing you many many more!