Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Challenge...It's still winter

Well I tried and somewhat succeeded in making a frost-like look for my background using just white ink and a crumpled up piece of toweling. Inked it up and blotted it on a piece of clear like
acetate ( but I used a cut up clear bag). My card stock is black and I used my Nesties for the oval and oval scallop. My tree is a SU stamp and it's done in white embossing powder and ink. I put some Prism glitter here and there but don't know how well it photo'd. My snowflake is a Spellbinder die cut and I added a black bling stick on, a bit of white satin ribbon and voila I'm done. If you click on the card and get a bigger picture, you can see my Jack Frost look. And just in case you didn't know, it is still winter here in Michigan . My favorite thing about winter is ....it gets dark early so if I stay in my PJ's all day, heck I'm always ready for bed.

Have a great week end fellow stampers and keep those fingers inky.

9 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Pat, this is one of my most favorite cards you've made! This is just gorgeous! I love your "frost" look. Super job! Best, Curt

Janine said...

Very nicely done Pat... Hope you have a great weekend.
I am glad you received my cards...

The Country Rose said...

Oh my! What a stunning card! It's so beautiful!

Barb

6 wacky women said...

Just beautiful, Pat.
I love the frost look...very elegant.
It's still winter here too, and more to come, yuck!

Take care
Karen x

Anonymous said...

TeeHee! TeeHee! I keep seeing these kids running around in "sleep pants" and slipper-like shoes and now I know what they're doing ~ always being ready for bed!
Wonder what kind of a reaction I'd get from my customers if they came in and saw me in my jammies... Ok, now that I've scared on a few more grey hairs, let me just say that I hope you don't get too many more flakes this weekend. About turned cartwheels when I heard it was going south of me for once. This is a GORGEOUS card. Crumple up some more toweling and cut up another clear bag. Your ideas are simply stunning. Happy Weekend!

Julie Koerber said...

I love this MOM! Very cool technique and great result! Love ya! Julie

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, Pat, this card is stunning, totally stunning!!! I LOVE it and am so glad you got to play! Your box didn't get in the mail until Friday, but it is on it's way!!!

Shirley said...

Pat, this card is indeed elegant! A true work of art. I love every inch of it. There's an award waiting for you on my blog. I forgot you might well be one of the busiest ladies in blogland right now, (I was more concerned you got some more traffic for cards) so if you want to just pass it to everyone, wait to do it, or whatever is easiest for you, lady.

Scrapping Donna said...

Beautiful card Pat! I love it!!